Monday, March 22, 2010

An Introductory Post (And Project)


Upon taking a shower this afternoon, I started to think: I need a personal project, something that's going to captivate my attention as well as something I could show to other people as a representation of what is going on in my ever-changing and hectic daily life. Though I've always known about visual journaling, I was introduced to the actual idea of doing it myself last semester in my Drawing II class. I was required to keep a visual journal over 14 weeks, making one journal entry a week. Though I usually forgot and ended up doing many of the entries the night before, I enjoyed the project.

Since then, I've purchased a few books on visual journaling and have become inspired once again. Then it hit me: I'm going to create a few journal entries a week and share them with others. So here it is, here's the project and the sketchbook is in my art locker at school (which I will be grabbing tomorrow). I'm excited about the project and have much already planned out the first entry in the new sketchbook. (The image seen is a small portion from one of the entries from the visual journal created in my Drawing II class.)

I hope you enjoy this project as much as I'm going to!

No comments:

Post a Comment